TOKYO – If history is an indicator, don’t expect Toyota Motor Corp. to slash research and development spending in the current business environment. There may be cuts around the edges as the auto maker adjusts to changes in the marketplace including tighter money and unstable fuel prices, but basic priorities will remain the same. And the biggest of those priorities, according to Toyota Executive Vice President Masatami Takimoto, is the environment. Takimoto, both in an interview and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Fuel Economy Focus of Toyota R&D" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642