Consumers won't be able to get a composite pickup box on a fleet-side Chevy Silverado until sometime this summer — nine months to a year later than planned — so that General Motors Corp. can resolve quality issues, a company spokesman says. The first-ever full-size composite pickup box initially was to debut last fall as an option for '01 Silverados (see WEVTU — Aug. 15, '99, p. 3). But WEVTU learns that GM has delayed shipping Silverados with composite boxes several times due to a surface ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Full-size composite pickup box delayed" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642