Look no further than a designer’s computer screen for an indicator of the troubled economy’s direction, says Ford Motor Co.’s design chief. From upticks in U.S. housing starts to new-vehicle sales jumps, there are road signs the global recession has bottomed out and economic stability is on the horizon. Ford plans to be ready, says J Mays, group vice president-design and chief creative officer. “Although we’re taking into account that the world is going to be slightly more frugal, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Future Design Reflects Optimism, Ford Chief Creative Officer Says" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642