LA JOLLA, CA – Despite a recent spike in gas prices in the U.S., which for awhile hovered near $3 a gallon, Hyundai Motor America is finding more than half the new Sonata sedans it is selling are equipped with V-6 engines. The ’06 Sonata is available with either a 2.4L 4-cyl. or 3.3L V-6 mill. Hyundai initially expected to sell slightly more V-6s than 4-cyl. models. Hyundai Sonata Common sense suggests people gravitate to vehicles with smaller engines when gas prices increase, but ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Gas Prices Not Major Factor in Sonata Sales" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642