Chinese auto maker Geely Automobile Holdings Ltd. makes a major move into Australia, signing a A$58 million ($40 million) agreement to buy Drivetrain Systems International Pty Ltd., which filed for bankruptcy protection in February. DSI manufactures automatic transmissions, exporting about 70% of its production, worth A$80 million ($55.4 million), to South Korea, Russia and India. The company went into receivership after losing a large contract when South Korean truck maker Ssangyong ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Geely to Acquire Australiaâ€™s Drivetrain Transmission Supplier" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642