One week after Karmann USA Inc. launches a new business unit at its North American headquarters in Plymouth, MI, parent company Wilhelm Karmann GmbH declares insolvent its 60-year-old vehicle-assembly operations in Europe. Germanyâs largest independent auto maker says it was required by law to file for insolvency because plummeting vehicle sales and deteriorating finances have left it unable to pay for a massive restructuring announced in September. Some 2,240 workers, about half of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"German Insolvency Wonât Affect Karmann in U.S." is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642