DETROIT — After five years of developing strictly prototypes of driver information systems for several automakers, supplier CAA AG of Filderstadt, Germany, wins its first contract for a production vehicle. BMW AG will apply CAA software to its simplified driver information system for the new flagship 7-series sedan, arriving later this year. BMW first asked CAA in 1996 if its visualization software could serve as the backbone for driver information systems of the future. At the time, CAA ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"German supplier CAA wins BMW instrument panel job" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642