MUMBAI – India’s compact-car sales over the last two years have seen a dizzying 26.7% growth spurt, but in the current fiscal quarter that has slowed to 14.5%. Nevertheless, global auto majors are driving ahead with a variety of India-specific car and utility-vehicle projects, attracted by the long-term market potential and the country’s demanding market. There is ample reason to produce cars in India. Not only are manufacturing costs less, but there is a lower tax bracket for small ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Global Auto Makers Focus on Small Cars for India" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642