A final tally of global new vehicle sales and production shows drops in both categories for 1998, with sales down 0.8% and output off 2.3%. New vehicle sales in the 23 countries surveyed by Ward's totaled 43,773,957 units in calendar 1998, compared to 44,116,952 in 1997. Sales were up 3.7% in North America (18,061,120) and 7.4% in Western Europe (15,451,160), but slumped 16.8% in Brazil and Argentina (1,961,983) and 16.7% in Japan-South Korea-China (7,985,308). Of the total sales ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Global Sales, Production Fell in 1998" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642