Just days after the U.S government set new air bag guidelines for automakers, General Motors Corp. announced plans Monday (May 15) to offer side curtain air bags and dual phase air bags on numerous '01 cars, and backed off a goal to have an air bag suppression system available on its '00 Cadillac Seville. GM hopes to have the suppression technology, which uses sensors in the passenger seat to determine if an air bag should deploy and how fast based on the rider's position and size, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM '01 Cars Get Curtain, Dual Phase Air Bags" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642