General Motors Corp. will add a third shift and about 500 temporary workers at its Delta Township, MI, assembly plant to meet demand for its Buick Enclave, GMC Acadia and Saturn Outlook cross/utility vehicles. The announcement of the additional shift comes on the heels of a decision Monday to lay off an undetermined number of full- and part-time employees at its Pontiac, MI, truck plant. The auto maker cited weak demand for the heavy-duty Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra pickups built at ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Adds Third Shift at CUV Plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642