VIENNA – GM-AvtoVAZ, the Russian joint-venture plant, plans to add production of Lada-badged SUVs in addition to the Chevrolet Niva small cross/utility vehicle it currently manufactures. “We have signed a memorandum about the development of GM-AvtoVAZ,” AvtoVAZ President Igor Komarov tells the Russian business daily Vedomosti. “We plan to increase the annual capacity (of the JV) to 120,000 cars a year, half of which will be manufactured with the Lada badge.” GM-AvtoVAZ is located in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM-AvtoVAZ to Produce Lada SUVs" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642