General Motors Corp.'s board of directors will decide March 5 whether to make a bid for beleaguered South Korean automaker Daewoo Motor Co. Ltd., a GM insider tells Ward's. GM's negotiating team, led by Alan Perriton, executive in charge of acquisitions for Asia/Pacific, recently was reassembled in Korea in preparation for a possible bid (see Ward's Automotive Reports — Feb. 19, '01, p.3). And it's Mr. Perriton's report — due this week — that likely will be the final word prior to the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Board to Decide on Daewoo Bid" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642