JOHANNESBURG – General Motors Corp. says it will invest $73.16 million in its South African operations, as part of an expansion plan to produce the new Hummer H3 here. The investment will be split between the Struandale and Kempston Road assembly plants and will include an upgrade of the equipment and tooling. However, the bulk of the investment will occur at the Struandale facility, where production of the Hummer H3 will be added to the mix. Struandale will produce both right- and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Boosts Investment in South Africa" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642