SAO PAULO – General Motors do Brasil Ltda. is negotiating with the state of Rio Grande do Sul for tax concessions to build a new model at its Gravatai Rio Grande do Sul factory, where the successful Celta subcompact is built. GM Brazil wants to add a Celta variant to its Gravatai plant. The proposed concessions are similar to those negotiated seven years ago, when the Celta factory was first proposed – some $325 million in controversial tax breaks and other subsidies were ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Brazil Asks State for Concessions to Build New Model" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642