SAO PAULO â€“ General Motors do Brasil Ltda.â€™s GravataÃ plant in Rio Grande do Sul recently turned out its 1 millionth car. The production complex, dubbed Blue Macaw in its secretive conceptual stage, was inaugurated in 2000 and hailed as the most-efficient General Motors Corp. factory in the world, including an onsite supplier park. Some 17 suppliers were to be involved in the creation of the Chevrolet Celta subcompact, as well as future vehicles, from its earliest concept. Relying on ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Brazilâ€™s GravataÃ Plant Produces 1 Millionth Car" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642