DETROIT – General Motors Corp.’s ’08 Chevrolet Malibu breaks new ground with a segment-exclusive powertrain combination mating a newly developed 6-speed transmission with the auto maker’s 2.4L DOHC 4-cyl. for improved fuel economy and drivability. But whatever additional demand the new powertrain might inject into an already white-hot product could go unmet if Malibu’s primary manufacturing plant does not soon ratify a local contract and avoid a potential walkout by its United Auto ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Brings New 6-Speed to Strike-Threatened Chevy Malibu" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642