SEOUL — David M. Jerome, managing director of GM Korea, tells Ward's Automotive International that GM plans to produce the YGM-1 subcompact concept car at GM's new facility in Thailand. The car, first shown at last year's Tokyo auto show, is a collaboration between GM and partner Suzuki Motor Corp. Jerome says the car will be marketed under the Chevrolet brand in Korea in 2001. GM owns a 10% stake in Suzuki.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM to build concept subcompact" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642