General Motors Corp. says it will call back more than 4 million fullsize pickups due to tailgate support cables that may corrode and break. Affected are certain ’00-’04 Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra pickups, plus some ’02-’04 Chevrolet Avalanche and Cadillac Escalade EXT models. Of the total number to be recalled, 3.7 million were sold in the U.S., 325,000 in Canada and 93,000 in Mexico. GM says it has 430 complaints and reports of 134 “minor injuries” involving the defective ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Calls Back 4 Million-Plus Pickups" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642