SAO PAULO – General Motors do Brasil Ltda. has produced its 400,000th Celta car in Gravatai, Rio Grande do Sul. The auto maker began producing the model at the Gravatai factory in October 2000 with a 1.0L 50-hp engine. In September 2003, it began producing the 2- and 4-door models with a 1.4L 85-hp engine. GM officials say the Gravatai plant, with systems suppliers on the factory grounds, is one of its most efficient operations worldwide.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Celta Production Hits 400,000" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642