SEOUL — General Motors Corp. officials are declining to comment on whether GM Chairman John F. Smith this month met privately with South Korea President Kim Dae-Jung to discuss GM's possible acquisition of Daewoo Motor Co. Ltd. GM has been in serious discussions on a possible takeover of the bankrupt automaker since last September. Smith was scheduled to introduce Kim as a guest speaker at a business luncheon in Chicago on March 9. The event was hosted by the Mid America Committee and the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM chairman meets with S. Korean president" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642