General Motors Corp. says it will build a $387 million engine plant in China and announces plans to buy the low-volume domestic vehicle producer Etsong (Qingdao) Vehicle Mfg. Co. Ltd. for an undisclosed price. The engine factory will be located in Liuzhou and is expected to be completed by 2007, with an initial capacity of 300,000 units annually. GM will convert Estong's plant to minivehicle production by later this year. Initial yearly production will be 60,000-70,000 units. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM China Adds More Capacity" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642