General Motors Corp.’s 50/50 Chinese joint venture, Shanghai GM, will launch two 2.5L Buick Regals in China. The Buick Regal G2.5 and GL2.5 will base at RMB243,800 ($29,538) and RMB263,800 ($31,961) respectively, reports Reuters. No sales forecasts for the vehicles were provided. The Regal will compete with Honda Motor Co. Ltd.’s Accord and Mazda Motor Corp.’s Mazda6. GM also will fit some Regals with 2L engines next month to better compete in the rapidly expanding Chinese auto market.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM China JV Launching Two Buick Regals" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642