In a move it says reflects the changing marketplace, General Motors Corp. is reorganizing its car and truck operations into single teams focused on engineering and manufacturing rather than vehicle type. Beginning in first quarter 2000, car and truck engineering will be handled by one team and manufacturing by the other. GM's vehicle line teams remain in place and will continue to lead the vehicle development process. GM's Powertrain and Metal Fabricating Div. operations also will operate as ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Combines Engineering, Manufacturing" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642