General Motors Chairman and CEO Dan Akerson attends ceremonies in China marking completion of the expansion of a major GM manufacturing facility. The SAIC-GM-Wuling plant in Qingdao, Shandong province, builds the new Baojun 630 midsize sedan and Chevrolet-branded Le Chi minicar. The RMB 1.1 billion ($173 million) expansion increases production capacity by 70% to 510,000 vehicles annually. “The Qingdao plant is one of GM’s biggest vehicle production facilities anywhere in the world,” ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Completes Expansion of SAIC-GM-Wuling Plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642