NEW DELHI — General Motors India Ltd. reveals plans to start building the Opel Corsa in early 2000. Richard Swando, president of General Motors Corp.'s India unit, says the automaker will build the Corsa locally at its Halol plant in the western state of Gujarat, where it already produces the Opel Astra. GM reportedly plans to simultaneously launch the new Corsa in Asia (possibly including China), South America and Africa. The car, which GM says is on the lower end of the midsize segment, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Corsa in India" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642