With the expertise gained through its expanded marketing relationship with AM General, General Motors Corp. is looking into the possibility of building sport/utility vehicle (SUV) and commercial vehicle bodies from aluminum, reports the American Metal Market. AM General's Hummer — as well as its military-spec Humvee — features an aluminum body. And building on that technology, GM could develop a smaller version for the Hummer lineup, to be sold out of GM dealerships with the Hummer name. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM could expand Hummer line" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642