General Motors Corp. delays production launch of the ’09 Saturn Vue 2-Mode hybrid until next year, further illustrating how the auto maker intends to pinch its pennies for the remainder of 2008. Saturn’s newest hybrid was scheduled to begin output Dec. 1 at its Ramos Arizpe, Mexico, assembly plant, but GM now is postponing Job One until first-quarter 2009. “Not a huge delay, just a month or two to make sure everything is OK,” says Saturn spokesman Steve Janisse. The delay, which ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Delays Production of Saturn Vue 2-Mode Hybrid to Save Cash" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642