PHILADELPHIA – Working together with engineering and manufacturing counterparts is one way designers can create cars, such as the Pontiac Solstice, that sell for under $20,000, says Ed Welburn, General Motors Corp.’s design chief, in an interview at the recent international auto how here. Welburn frequently attends engineering meetings with Jim Queen, vice president-North American Engineering, when Queen is chairing vehicle-development progress reviews, both overseas and in the U.S. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Design Chief Favors Holistic Car Development" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642