CHICAGO – Coincidental with the Chicago Auto Show launch here of its Chevrolet-badged Aveo small car made in South Korea, Ward's has learned General Motors Corp. has given top priority to adding a diesel version as soon as possible. The 2,400-lb. (1,088-kg) Aveo, with a 97.6-in. (248-cm) wheelbase, currently has a gasoline engine as standard. But it is slated also to use a 1.3L turbodiesel produced by the GM/Fiat Powertrain joint venture. The Aveo is sold in other world markets – including ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Developing Diesel for Upcoming Chevrolet Aveo" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642