DEARBORN, MI – General Motors Corp.’s bold marketing move offering employee discounts to consumers on most of its lineup is either a stroke of genius or act of desperation. Such wide mixed reactions surfaced at a recent J.D. Power and Associates International Automotive Roundtable attended by about 200 auto industry executives, dealers and suppliers in Dearborn, MI. GM’s discount program triggered a “remarkable” sales boost, says Tom Libby, senior director of the Power Information ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Employee Discount Scheme Praised, Panned" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642