General Motors Co.’s second-half production schedule is showing an upward trendline with the addition of 60,000 vehicles to its third- and fourth-quarter forecasts. Demand for fuel-efficient vehicles prompted the move, which affects some 1,350 hourly workers and boosts output of the Chevrolet Cobalt small car and Equinox midsize cross-utility vehicle and all-new GMC Terrain midsize CUV. “During the third-quarter 2009, we’ve added production which will result in 35% increase over the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Escalates Output" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642