DETROIT – While missing cost-reduction targets, General Motors Corp.’s Adam Opel AG and Vauxhall Ltd. still will slash expenses at record levels in 2003, a company executive says. GM Europe President Mike Burns says GM is reducing costs at record pace. GM Europe, which includes Opel, Vauxhall and Saab Automobile, aims to reduce material costs by 2.5%-3% this year. However, high “stretch” goals were set, Mike Burns, GM Europe-president, says during a media briefing here. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Europe Sets Cost-Cutting Records" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642