Cadillac won't have expanded capacity of its much-heralded Night Vision technology until the '02 model year, a Cadillac insider says. The infrared system debuts this fall on the '00 DeVille as a $1,995 option. But only 5,000 units will be available annually for '00-'01. Cadillac expects to sell 100,000 DeVilles annually. The limited supply is due to a lack of heads up display units from Night Vision maker Raytheon. A second supplier will alleviate the problem for '02. There is no ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Explains Night Vision Shortage" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642