ROMULUS, MI – General Motors Corp. credits its Global Manufacturing System – an extension of company-wide ongoing lean-manufacturing initiatives – with making its Romulus powertrain facility North America’s most-efficient V-8 engine plant for the second straight year, according to Harbour and Associates, Inc. Romulus Engine Operations machines and assembles five GM engines, the 4.3L V-6, 4.8L and 5.3L V-8s and two different versions of the 6L V-8. The plant originally began production in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Explains Romulus Powertrian Harbour Success" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642