RAYONG province, Thailand — The domestic market here is almost incidental to the new US$640 million plant General Motors Corp. officially opened May 8. The name of the GM game in Thailand is, in a word, “exports.” During ramp up this year, 85% of the 8,000-plus 1.8L Zafira multi-purpose vehicles (MPVs) rolling out of final assembly will be shipped overseas, mostly to Europe where the popular model was introduced in April 1999. Next year, when full Zafira production gets under way at an ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM to export most Zafiras built at new Thai plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642