Even with four new products coming in four years, thanks to a $1.5 billion investment from parent General Motors Corp., Saturn Corp. says it has no plan to add assembly plants to its manufacturing operations. “It's probably not in the cards at this point. The (forthcoming sport/utility vehicle) is going to Spring Hill and there is potentially extra capacity at the plant,” a Saturn spokesman says. Saturn says there are plans for derivatives off of the small SUV program (codenamed GMT315) ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Gives Saturn $1.5 billion, 4 New Vehicles" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642