General Motors Corp.'s answer to the upcoming sport/utility vehicle (SUV)/pickup subsegment is getting rave reviews from analysts, who enjoyed a GM future-product sneak preview last month. The Chevrolet Highlander, likely a 2000 model headed for production this fall, was seen as a sure hit by at least one analyst. The analyst says the SUV/pickup hybrid — similar in concept to the Explorer Sport Trac shown by Ford Motor Co. at this year's North American International Auto Show — is ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM has answer for SUV-pickup craze" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642