General Motors Corp. isn’t abandoning plans for its Hughes Electronics unit, despite a preliminary ruling made Oct. 10 by the Federal Communications Commission nixing the proposed sale of Hughes to EchoStar Communications Corp. "If the merger is ultimately not approved, we believe we have alternatives," says GM Chief Financial Officer John Devine. "Today is premature to discuss them. But I want to make sure people realize there’s a very important value in the Hughes business. "We’re ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Has Backup Plans for Hughes" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642