NEW YORK – Bob Lutz bristles when critics say General Motors Corp. doesn’t build cars consumers want to buy. "The Corvette is sold out; the Corvette Z06 is sold out; the Pontiac Solstice is sold out; the Saturn Sky is sold out; and we've raised our forecast for the Chevrolet HHR to 132,000 annually from 60,000 because demand is 200% higher than supply,” says Lutz, vice chairman-global product development. "We're building 250,000 Chevy Impalas, yet demand is running at 300,000 units ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Has the Hardware, Lutz Says" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642