The first of many crossover vehicles that General Motors Corp. says will reverse its market share slide debuts this week at the Detroit auto show. Ironically, the unveiling of the imaginative Pontiac Aztek and Chevrolet Avalanche comes just days after GM announced it was mailing millions of $500 coupons to current owners and potential buyers in an effort to reduce inventory levels. It may start a price war, as it did in 1998 when GM last used coupons. But GM needs to reduce its stock, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Hopes Crossovers, Coupons Spur Sales" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642