Sagging sales are proving to be too much for General Motors Corp. The auto maker, trying to wean itself from an over-reliance on incentives to goose sales, resumes use of vehicle spiffs after a month hiatus with the introduction of its year-end “Red Tag Event.” The marketing program began Sunday (Nov. 13) and runs through Jan. 3, featuring special Red Tag prices on most Buick, Chevrolet, GMC and Pontiac '05 and '06 models. Cadillac, Saturn, Saab and Hummer are excluded from the event. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Incentives Usher in Holidays" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642