DETROIT – General Motors Corp. cancels plans to develop an independent, joint-venture website with its dealers. The $50 million JV, called AutoCentric, was going to generate online car sales for GM and its dealers and, possibly, other auto makers. GM planned on selling half the JV to its dealers and fund the other half itself but says the business model is not feasible right now. The site was an attempt by GM to lure Internet shoppers from successful third-party websites, such as ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Independent Website Canceled" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642