JOHANNESBURG – General Motors South Africa and Isuzu Motor Ltd. say they will launch a new joint venture, Isuzu Truck South Africa, to build trucks for markets throughout the African continent. Each auto maker will invest 40 million rand ($5.2 million) in the JV, but GMSA also reportedly will invest 350 million rand ($46 million) over the next two years to upgrade its existing Isuzu truck production and distribution facilities. GMSA will continue to assemble Isuzu trucks at its Kempston ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM, Isuzu to Launch Truck JV in South Africa" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642