It’s too early to pass judgment on sales results for Saturn Corp.’s Ion small car, General Motors Corp. officials say. With advertising efforts and coupe production just getting under way, GM believes Ion deliveries will pick up in the spring following disappointing results during the winter. Ion went on sale in late 2002. Ion’s year-to-date sales total 12,726, including the 7,340 units sold in February. Saturn’s goal is to sell 150,000 Ions annually. At the current rate, sales would ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM: Jury Still Out on Ion" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642