GRAVATAI, Brazil — General Motors Corp. Chairman John F. Smith Jr. and Brazil President Fernando Henrique Cardoso on July 20 inaugurated what GM considers one of the world's most lean and cost-efficient automobile plants — the Blue Macaw small car project. “The assembly complex we are dedicating today is much more than just another plant; it is a major step forward in the way automobiles are built,” Smith said at the ceremony. “Engineers, economists, business leaders and reporters from ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM launches new Blue Macaw car plant in Brazil" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642