General Motors Corp.’s Doraville, GA, assembly plant began issuing layoff notices Aug. 26 to hourly workers due to slow sales of the four minivan models built there. The 155 dismissals take effect Sept. 6, when hourly production of the Chevy Uplander, Pontiac Montana SV6, Saturn Relay and Buick Terraza will be scaled back from 60 units to 54. The layoffs cut Doraville’s workforce to about 2,950. Additional reductions via early retirement are possible.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Lays Off Doraville Workers" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642