General Motors Corp. says its “Global Manufacturing System” (GMS) is smoothing out new product launches, cutting warranty costs and improving quality. GMS is modeled after the Toyota Production System, exposed to GM through its New United Motor Mfg. Inc. joint venture with Toyota Motor Corp. in California. GM has added its own wrinkles and begun incorporating the system into the blueprints for new assembly plants and older facilities being retooled for new models. The basic philosophy is ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM: Manufacturing System Paying Off" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642