Is General Motors about to miss out on its best chance yet to capture the youth market? Maybe. GM’s just-completed purchase of Daewoo Motor doesn’t include the South Korean auto maker’s U.S. sales distribution arm, and insiders say the game plan eventually may involve selling imported Daewoos through Chevrolet dealers instead The move has angered Daewoo’s 525 U.S. retailers, who stand to lose on their investments – some having spent millions on showrooms and service operations. But ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM May Be Blowing Marketing Shot by Dumping Daewoo Brand in U.S." is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642