General Motors Corp. may invest up to $300 million in expanding its Willow Run transmission facility in Ypsilanti, MI. A GM spokeswoman tells Bloomberg News the auto maker will make a final decision on the investment in the next few months. GM reportedly will build a new 6-speed, rear-wheel-drive transmission at Willow Run for use in performance vehicles beginning with the ’06-model year and ’07-model large SUVs. GM is developing the new 6-speeds in a joint venture with Ford Motor Co. GM ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM May Invest in Transmission Plant Expansion" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642